The Office of Curriculum and Instruction
Thank you for visiting the Coventry Local School District's Curriculum web page. The Office of Curriculum and Instruction is responsible for a variety of educational programs throughout the district. Some of our responsibilities involve the following:
1. Oversee the teaching and learning including:
- Alignment of Content
- Implementation of Research-Based Instructional Approaches
- Use of Best Practice Methodologies
- Adoptions of Course Materials and Resources
2. Oversee intervention-based programs such as the Academic Skills Program
3. Oversee state and local assessment programs (e.g. OAA, OGT, SCAs)
4. Oversee and manage funding programs such as Title I, Title II-A, etc.
5. Oversee educational accountability and compliance requirements
6. Oversee professional development opportunities for educators
Although the Office of Curriculum and Instruction manages these responsibilities along with many others, our top priority is to ensure that each and every child receives a well-rounded, engaging, and meaningful education.