- Describe the past using evidence from the fossil and geologic record.
- Use the fossil record to provide evidence for environmental change and understanding concepts of extinction, biodiversity, and diversity of species.
- Understand that an individual does not live forever and reproduction is necessary for the continuation of a species.
- Understand Mendelian Genetics and relate it to the sorting and combining of genes dealing with diversity.
- Use pedigrees to trace and explain how traits are passed from generation to generation based on Mendelian genetics
- Relate traits to genes in DNA.
- Identify the benefits of organisms that reproduce either sexually or asexually, or how some organisms are capable of both.
- Describe that diversity increases the chance of some individuals having favorable traits.